Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PMLDATA400A, 'Process and interpret data'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Process and interpret data' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Retrieve and check data
Store and retrieve data using appropriate files and/or application software
Verify the quality of data using enterprise procedures
Rectify errors in data using enterprise procedures
Calculate scientific quantities
Calculate statistical values for given data
Calculate scientific quantities and associated uncertainties using given formulae and data
Ensure calculated quantities are consistent with estimations and expectations
Report all calculated quantities using the appropriate units and correct number of significant figures
Present data in tables, charts and graphs
Present data in clearly labelled tables and charts
Graph data using appropriate scales to span the range of data or display trends
Report all data using the appropriate units and number of significant figures
Interpret data in tables, charts and graphs
Interpret significant features of graphs, such as gradients, intercepts, maximum and minimum values, and limit lines
Recognise and report trends in data
Keep accurate records and maintain their confidentiality
Transcribe information accurately
Verify the accuracy of records following enterprise procedures
File and store workplace records in accordance with enterprise procedures
File all reference documents logically and keep them up-to-date and secured
Observe enterprise confidentiality standards.