Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PMLOHS301B, 'Work safely with instruments that emit ionising radiation'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Work safely with instruments that emit ionising radiation' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Store instruments safely and securely
Identify State or Territory requirements for storage facilities and associated document processes
Store instruments in accordance with State or Territory requirements and documented procedures
Secure instruments to prevent unauthorised access
Record instruments' movements and usage in accordance with documented procedures
Transport instruments safely and securely
Select vehicle suitable for the purpose
Attach regulation signage in accordance with State or Territory requirements to indicate that radioactive sources are being carried
Ensure that instruments are properly located and fixed in place
Ensure security of instruments when the vehicle is unattended
Use instruments safely and maintain security
Follow safe working practices to minimise own exposure to radiation
Use radiation dosimeter to monitor own exposure to radiation
Follow safe work practices to minimise exposure of others to radiation
Follow safe work practices to protect the instrument from damage
Maintain instrument security
Monitor radiation levels
Check operation and calibration status of radiation survey meter
Perform radiation survey following documented procedure
Report atypical conditions and/or problems to appropriate personnel
Record observations, data and results in accordance with enterprise procedures
Maintain confidentiality of enterprise information
Perform emergency procedures
Identify potential emergency situations
Respond to emergencies in accordance with documented procedures
Report emergency situations to appropriate personnel.