Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PMLTEST411A, 'Perform mechanical tests'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Perform mechanical tests' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Interpret and schedule test requirements
Review test request to identify samples to be tested, test method and equipment/instruments involved
Identify hazards and enterprise control measures associated with the sample, preparation/test methods and/or equipment
Plan work sequences to optimise throughput of multiple samples (if appropriate).
Receive samples and prepare test-pieces
Log samples using standard operating procedure
Record sample description, compare with specification and note and report discrepancies
Prepare test-pieces (and standards if appropriate) in accordance with mechanical testing requirements
Ensure traceability of samples from receipt to reporting of results
Check equipment before use
Set up equipment/instruments in accordance with test method requirements
Perform pre-use and safety checks in accordance with relevant enterprise and operating procedures
Identify faulty or unsafe components and equipment and report to appropriate personnel
Check equipment calibration using specified procedures (if applicable)
Quarantine out-of-calibration equipment/instruments
Test samples to determine mechanical properties
Operate equipment/instruments in accordance with test method requirements
Perform tests/procedures on all test-pieces and standards (if appropriate) in accordance with specified methods
Shut down equipment/instruments in accordance with operating procedures
Process and interpret data
Record test data noting atypical observations
Ensure calculated values are consistent with expectations
Record and report results in accordance with enterprise procedures
Interpret trends in data and/or results and report 'out-of-specification' or atypical results promptly to appropriate personnel
Determine if obvious procedure or equipment problems have led to atypical data or results
Maintain a safe work environment
Use established work practices and personal protective equipment to ensure personal safety and that of other laboratory personnel
Minimise the generation of wastes and environmental impacts
Ensure the safe collection of laboratory and hazardous waste for subsequent disposal
Care for and store equipment, used test-pieces and back-up samples as required
Maintain laboratory records
Enter approved data into laboratory information management system
Maintain confidentiality and security of enterprise information and laboratory data
Maintain equipment and calibration logs in accordance with enterprise procedures.