Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver POLGEN007, 'Review policing governance and accountability compliance'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Review policing governance and accountability compliance' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions section.
1. Plan internal compliance audit/review
1.1 Assess the business activity and/or information from stakeholders to inform the scope and objectives of the audit/review.
1.2 Define scope and objectives of audit/review.
1.3 Design the compliance audit/review, including method, roles and responsibilities.
1.4 Evaluate audit/review plan to ensure it meets objectives and jurisdictional expectations.
1.5 Identify potential sources of information/intelligence to inform audit/review.
2. Conduct internal compliance audit/review
2.1 Communicate the objectives, scope, roles and responsibilities of the audit/review to audit/review team and stakeholders.
2.2 Collect information/intelligence to facilitate audit/review.
2.3 Analyse information collected to determine its relevance as audit/review evidence.
2.4 Analyse audit/review evidence to identify levels of compliance and areas for improvement.
2.5 Develop preliminary audit/review findings and recommendations through evaluation of audit/review evidence.
3. Monitor internal compliance audit/review
3.1 Monitor the progress of the audit/review to determine whether any adjustments are required.
3.2 Conduct environmental scans to ensure contemporary nature and validity of audit/review.
3.3 Monitor the integrity of the audit/review to ensure audit/review outcomes are reached.
3.4 Manage audit/review progress in line with governance and accountability requirements.
4. Conclude internal compliance audit/review
4.1 Evaluate preliminary audit/review findings and recommendations to determine how and what should be communicated to stakeholders.
4.2 Assess findings and develop recommendations to ensure compliance/improvements.
4.3 Review own performance throughout the audit/review process using stakeholder feedback.
4.4 Assess the audit/review process to inform future practice.