Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver POLGEN010, 'Demonstrate high level management capabilities within a policing context'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Demonstrate high level management capabilities within a policing context' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions section.
1. Manage projects
1.1 Identify project scope, tasks, times, budgets and objectives to develop project implementation plan.
1.2 Define roles and responsibilities of stakeholders involved in project.
1.3 Assess project objectives in relation to jurisdictional priorities, policies and procedures.
1.4 Identify risks to develop a risk matrix for the project.
1.5 Acquire project resources to facilitate implementation of project plan.
1.6 Negotiate with stakeholders to manage personnel and complete project activities.
1.7 Monitor implementation of project in order to adjust to changing circumstances.
1.8 Evaluate project performance for future improvement purposes.
2. Manage budgetary and procurement processes
2.1 Analyse financial information in relation to impact on own area of responsibility.
2.2 Identify cost elements to develop a budget that minimises waste.
2.3 Prepare cost-benefit analysis to validate budgetary decisions.
2.4 Analyse implications of changing circumstances on budget expenditure in order to make adjustments.
2.5 Monitor budgetary allocations to ensure compliance with budget, agency objectives and priorities.
2.6 Report on expenditure, budgets and procurement for accountability purposes.
3. Manage assets
3.1 Identify physical resource requirements to plan procurement activities.
3.2 Coordinate acquisition of physical resources to meet identified requirements.
3.3 Negotiate with stakeholders to meet resource requirements.
3.4 Prioritise physical resources in accordance with life cycles of equipment and anticipated needs of jurisdiction.
3.5 Monitor resource inventory and resource effectiveness to ensure requirements are met.
3.6 Re-allocate resources in accordance with changing circumstances.
4. Manage individual and team performance
4.1 Analyse organisational needs, expected deliverables for area of responsibility and human resource requirements to develop a human resources plan.
4.2 Assess and compare existing competencies and abilities of individuals and teams to ensure deliverables are met and for development purposes.
4.3 Evaluate future and review current workplace requirements to develop contingency and succession plans.
4.4 Assess deliverables of work area and current staffing to influence selection criteria for particular roles.
4.5 State and negotiate performance expectations with individuals and teams to enhance performance to maximise deliverables and performance.
4.6 Measure and evaluate performance against agreed expectations and deliverables.
4.7 Identify outstanding and performance below agreed standards to provide constructive and timely feedback.
4.8 Manage learning and development of individuals to maximise individual and organisation performance.
4.9 Manage workplace conflict.
4.10 Assess subsequent behaviour and performance to ensure that conflict has been resolved or to determine whether conflict resolution strategy was successful.
4.11 Assess health, safety and wellbeing of individuals and teams continually to identify patterns and make referrals.