Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PRMPM09B, 'Advise client on pest management options'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Advise client on pest management options' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1 Determine client's information requirements
1.1 Review work order in accordance with company requirements and clarify any issues with appropriate person(s)
1.2 Confirm specific information requirements with client in accordance with the work order and company requirements
1.3 Conduct assessment of work site for pests and pest condition in accordance with work order and environmental, legislative and occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements
1.4 Determine pestmanagement method options in accordance with work order and company requirements
2 Provide pest management information
2.1 Provide accurate information on pestmanagement method options based on established evidence of pest conditions or activity provided in accordance with company requirements
2.2 Demonstrate evidence of pest conditions or activity in accordance with company requirements
2.3 Provide practical information and advice to client about pest management method options using appropriate interpersonal skills and communications techniques in accordance with company requirements
2.4 Provide opportunities for client to confirm understanding and seek clarification about pest management method options in accordance with company requirements
2.5 Inform client of relevant service exclusions and limitations in accordance with legislative and company requirements
2.6 Document the evidence on pest activity or condition in accordance with legislative and company requirements
3 Assist client access additional information
3.1 Provide client with reliable documentation and publications on the pest(s), pest condition or pestmanagement method options suitable for ongoing reference in accordance with company requirements
3.2 Provide advice on additional sources of information
3.3 Provide information on company services in accordance with company requirements