Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PSPMGT004, 'Manage diversity'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage diversity' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions section.
1. Contribute to the development of a diversity strategy
1.1 Identify the organisational context and framework for the diversity strategy and establish key result areas.
1.2 Identify diversity issues and objectives to enhance business unit and organisational effectiveness.
1.3 Use the strategy to identify benefits and opportunities provided by a diverse workforce.
1.4 Link diversity objectives in the strategy with the demographic profile of the client base, the organisationâ€™s strategic goals and the core business of the business unit.
1.5 Consult with stakeholders, including people from key equity groups and the organisationâ€™s clients.
1.6 Design the strategy to provide a mechanism through which diversity issues can be integrated.
2. Promote and review diversity strategy
2.1 Communicate and promote the strategy within the business unit and the organisation in accordance with audience needs.
2.2 Identify the need for diversity support programs and establish such programs in accordance with the objectives of the diversity strategy.
2.3 Encourage individuals to align everyday work with the diversity strategy.
2.4 Monitor and report progress of diversity strategies within business plans.
2.5 Monitor and review the effectiveness of the strategy and identify and act upon recommendations for enhancements.
3. Facilitate the development of a workforce that promotes and values diversity
3.1 Identify and communicate benefits of a diverse workforce to those working within the business unit and the organisation.
3.2 Develop or adopt initiatives and resources to address barriers to equal employment opportunity within the organisation.
3.3 Employ a range of leadership styles to facilitate intercultural management and to manage diverse teams.
3.4 Identify and use the diversity factors associated with individuals within the workforce in the delivery of services to diverse clients.
3.5 Accept and encourage a range of working styles that are reflective of a diverse workforce, unified to the organisational context.
3.6 Use diversity training and awareness programs, to promote the benefits of a diverse workforce.
4. Facilitate communication within a diverse workforce
4.1 Identify and address language, literacy and numeracy issues to facilitate full participation of all members of the workforce and development activities.
4.2 Employ a range of communication strategies to meet the needs of a diverse workforce and client base.
4.3 Identify the target audience and tailor communications strategies accordingly.
4.4 Identify and use resources to facilitate effective communication within the workplace.
4.5 Identify and adjust ineffective and inappropriate communication strategies to meet the information needs of a diverse workforce and client base.