Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PSPREG022, 'Supervise and carry out complex inspections and monitoring'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Supervise and carry out complex inspections and monitoring' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions section.
1. Plan and coordinate inspection and monitoring programs
1.1 Identify outputs and performance indicators for defined area of responsibility and assign inspection and monitoring activities and responsibilities.
1.2 Determine procedures, timeframes, resources and equipment requirements for defined area of responsibility.
1.3 Make required resources and/or equipment available and supervise the access and/or preparation of these.
1.4 Interpret legislation and regulations and provide input into technical protocols and operational procedures as required.
1.5 Interpret and explain risk management practices, workplace health and safety and environmental requirements to staff as required.
2. Supervise and carry out complex inspections and monitoring
2.1 Provide leadership to deliver agreed outputs.
2.2 Plan and supervise inspections and monitoring activities and monitor program performance, resources and expenditure.
2.3 Plan, implement and coordinate compliance programs as required in accordance with set procedures and timelines.
2.4 Conduct assessments and performance management of inspection and monitoring staff.
2.5 Carry out complex inspections and monitoring under general direction and deal with contingencies.
2.6 Apply legislative requirements, risk management practices, workplace health and safety and environmental requirements.
3. Act on non-compliance relating to complex inspections and monitoring
3.1 Provide advice on serious or complex matters referred by others, or resolve situations.
3.2 Provide information and/or education to achieve client compliance in line with the seriousness of the possible breach.
3.3 Take further action as a result of the failure to achieve compliance in line with the seriousness of the possible breach.
3.4 Report contraventions of relevant legislation and make recommendations for prosecutions.
3.5 Fulfil court attendance and conduct requirements when required.
4. Provide reports, information and training
4.1 Maintain records and prepare correspondence, submissions and reports.
4.2 Interpret legislation and regulations and provide information and advice on policies, procedures, guidelines, technical and operational matters.
4.3 Supervise and provide on-the-job inspection and/or monitoring training.