Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PSPREG029, 'Manage and lead inspection and monitoring programs'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage and lead inspection and monitoring programs' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions section.
1. Determine inspection and monitoring program requirements
1.1 Determine outputs and performance indicators for programs, and inspection and monitoring responsibilities.
1.2 Determine strategic, operational, technical, financial and administrative requirements.
1.3 Undertake operational and procedural assessments for quality improvement.
1.4 Interpret legislation and regulations and make recommendations on related policies and procedures.
1.5 Interpret and explain risk management practices, workplace health and safety and environmental requirements to staff in accordance with their needs.
2. Manage and lead inspection and monitoring programs
2.1 Provide leadership and assist individuals to deliver agreed outputs.
2.2 Manage inspection and monitoring programs and supervise program performance, resources and expenditure.
2.3 Develop policy and procedures for dealing with non-compliance through information, development or extension activities and prosecution.
2.4 Manage compliance programs as required in accordance with set procedures and timelines.
2.5 Manage implementation of the performance management system for inspection and monitoring staff.
2.6 Enforce legislative requirements, risk management practices, workplace health and safety and environmental procedures.
3. Manage reporting systems, information and training
3.1 Manage records management and reporting systems in accordance with performance indicators.
3.2 Prepare high-level correspondence and advice, submissions and reports.
3.3 Prepare evidence for legal action under relevant legislation.
3.4 Monitor inspection and monitoring training and develop and implement initiatives to improve staff performance.