Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- Assessment Matrix
- Wiki Markup
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- Moodle Outcomes
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PSPSCI002, 'Assist with scientific technical support'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Assist with scientific technical support' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes
1. Identify and organise technical duties
1.1 Identify and confirm delegated technical duties and responsibilities with other staff members.
1.2 Identify processes, resources, timelines and equipment requirements.
1.3 Identify risk management practices, work health and safety, environmental and other legislative requirements.
1.4 Obtain and prepare resources and equipment.
2. Assist in the collection and recording of information
2.1 Carry out technical duties.
2.2 Collect and record information in accordance with set processes and timelines.
2.3 Use and maintain resources and equipment.
2.4 Follow risk management practices, work health and safety, environmental and other legislative requirements.
3. Assist in the presentation of data
3.1 Maintain data records.
3.2 Manipulate data and generate reports in accordance with task requirements.