Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- Assessment Matrix
- Wiki Markup
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- Moodle Outcomes
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PSPSEC008, 'Conduct personnel security assessments'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct personnel security assessments' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions section.
1. Collect, analyse and evaluate personal information
1.1 Collect information from the subject to be assessed in accordance with the purpose of the security assessment.
1.2 Obtain additional information where gaps, anomalies, deficiencies or discrepancies exist in the information provided.
1.3 Corroborate information and assess validity and reliability.
1.4 Conduct analysis in accordance with general suitability indicators and security standards.
1.5 Extract and interpret data and record outcomes.
1.6 Conduct assessment process with care and sensitivity to assist subjects to deal with its invasive nature.
2. Make recommendations on security assessment outcomes
2.1 Formulate recommendations that are consistent with the information obtained.
2.2 Convey recommendations.
2.3 Confirm with the requester of the security assessment and the subject, where appropriate, the right to seek a review if recommendations are negative.
2.4 Recommend improvements to procedures.
3. Record and report on personnel security assessments
3.1 Maintain complete and up to date records.
3.2 Prepare reports that are clear, fair and objective and use language suited to the purpose.
3.3 Address urgency and levels of risk in reports.
3.4 Adhere to procedures for storing and managing confidential and sensitive information.