Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PUADEFPH012A, 'Manage environmental health operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage environmental health operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Issue tasking for environmental health teams
1.1 Environmental health support plan is reviewed, interpreted and where necessary, clarified with relevant personnel to fully ascertain the support required to be delivered
1.2 Recommendations regarding the scope and type of support considering the current environment and availability of environmental health assets are made to relevant personnel
1.3 Tasking schedule is determined considering the best use of environmental health assets, time and the availability of dependent organisations
1.4 Key performance indicators are determined through consultation with relevant personnel and team leaders to provide a measure of performance achievement
1.5 Resources are allocated within tasking schedule to ensure teams are equipped to achieve objectives
1.6 Workplace safety is considered within tasking schedule to ensure tasks may be completed free from preventable injury or illness
1.7 Tasking is issued to team leaders in accordance with organisational policy and procedure
2. Supervise environmental health team operations
2.1 Liaison with dependent organisations is performed to set expectations about the service being provided and to establish a common understanding of the team performance and interaction
2.2 Factors affecting the deliveryof environmental health support are identified through consultation with team leaders and organisations receiving support
2.3 Measures to improve the delivery of environmental health support are identified and implemented across all teams to improve workflow across the formation
2.4 Technical guidance is provided to team leaders to ensure correct performance of environmental health measures
2.5 Under or over utilisation of environmental health assets is identified to allow adjustment to tasking schedule to ensure efficient use of all resources
2.6 Work records are maintained to allow reference and tracking of workflow to dependent organisations
2.7 Reports and returns are compiled and submitted in accordance with organisational policy and procedure
2.8 Technical advice relating to environmental health is communicated to relevant personnel
3. Monitor effectiveness of environmental health support
3.1 Ongoing liaison is performed with team leaders and dependent organisations to gauge the acceptance, reception and benefits of environmental health support
3.2 Information sources on environmental health performance are reviewed to monitor the effectiveness of environmental health support being delivered to the formation
3.3 Changes in the environment are monitored to continually adapt tasking schedule to the current situation
3.4 Adjustment to team composition, tasking schedule and asset allocation are made as required based on the assessment of environmental health support effectiveness