Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PUAFIR207B, 'Operate breathing apparatus open circuit'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate breathing apparatus open circuit' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Conduct pre-donning checks and tests on breathing apparatus
1.1 Breathing apparatus is inspected for immediate use in accordance with the organisation's procedures
1.2 Faulty or damaged equipment is reported and recorded in accordance with the organisation's procedures
2. Don and check breathing apparatus
2.1 Breathing apparatus is donned in accordance with the organisation's procedures
2.2 Breathing apparatus is started and checked in accordance with organisational procedures
2.3 Breathing apparatus control procedures are followed in accordance with the organisation's procedures
2.4 Ancillary equipment required for the task is selected for use
3. Operate breathing apparatus
3.1 Hazards are identified, monitored and controlled in accordance with the organisation's procedures
3.2 Communication is established and maintained with members and other appropriate personnel throughout the activity
3.3 Activities are undertaken as a member of a team, demonstrating effective application of breathing apparatus in accordance with the organisation's procedures
3.4 Entrapmentprocedures are implemented in accordance with the organisation's procedures
3.5 Personal safety is maintained at all times
4. Conclude operations
4.1 Breathing apparatus set is closed down in accordance with organisational procedures
4.2 Breathing apparatus set is removed in accordance with the organisation's procedures
4.3 After use cleaning and maintenance of breathing apparatus is undertaken in accordance with the organisation's procedures
4.4 Equipment is made ready for operational use in accordance with organisational procedures