Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PUASAR036, 'Implement and monitor USAR task force plans'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement and monitor USAR task force plans' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Perform structural triage at USAR site
1.1 USAR task force is briefed on operations portion of the Incident Action Plan (IAP) using SMEACS-Q format.
1.2 Structural triage principles and processes are applied at the area of operations.
2. Establish and manage base of operations
2.1 Location for base of operations is confirmed in accordance with USAR task force requirements.
2.2 Base of operations is established, base camp manager is appointed and arrangements are communicated to appropriate personnel.
2.3 Resources for base of operations are acquired and allocated as necessary, and tasks are delegated to appropriate personnel.
2.4 Base of operations and resources are managed.
2.5 Security arrangements are identified and communicated to task force staff.
2.6 Fire protection and evacuation plan for base of operations is prepared and promulgated to appropriate personnel.
2.7 Personnel working within base of operations are briefed on key responsibilities and operational priorities.
3. Manage deployed USAR task force
3.1 Task force communications and welfare plans are implemented, monitored and communicated to all relevant personnel.
3.2 Task force members are tasked with the collection. collation and archiving of operational information.
3.3 Task force internal and external reporting arrangements are established and information flow is monitored to ensure it is accurate, timely and relevant.
3.4 Information management systems are implemented to maintain operational records.
3.5 Media requests are managed in accordance with the media plan and, where required, a media liaison officer is appointed.
3.6 USAR task forcelogistics is managed, and a logistics officer is appointed and delegated the appropriate financial delegation.
3.7 Financial expenditure for the deployed task force is managed and appropriate financial control measures are implemented.
3.8 Liaison function for the deployed task force is delegated and arrangements are managed.
4. Manage implementation of and monitor the USAR operations portion of, the IAP
4.1 Preparation of the USAR operations portion of the IAP is managed.
4.2 Implementation of the USAR operations portion of the IAP is managed in accordance with agreed procedures.
4.3 Actions to ensure the safety, health and welfare of task force members at the incident are authorised.
4.4 Identified risks are mitigated within the scope of USAR operations and safe work practices are monitored and adhered to.
4.5 Strategies implemented are consistent with the approved IAP.
4.6 Ongoing exchange is maintained with supervisor on incident situation, progress towards achievement of allocated tasks, when IAP is to be modified, when additional resources are needed and when significant events occur.
4.7 Ongoing exchange is maintained with USAR task force regarding work progress, resource status and location, and any significant changes or emerging risks.
4.8 Regular and timely reports are prepared and distributed.
4.9 Activities with adjacent areas of operations are coordinated.
4.10 Log of activities is maintained.
5. Redeploy USAR task force
5.1 USAR task force redeployment plan is implemented in accordance with emergency management arrangements.
5.2 Reconnaissance deployment briefing is conducted for USAR task force.
5.3 USAR task force is deployed and reconnaissance operations are supervised and managed.
5.4 Reception/departure centre is established and incoming emergency response teams are processed.
6. Demobilise and evacuate USAR task force
6.1 USAR task force demobilisation plan is implemented, stages of demobilisation are taken into consideration and preplanning of demobilisation is undertaken.
6.2 Approvals for disposal and decontamination are sought form relevant authorities.
6.3 USAR task force evacuation plan is prepared in conjunction with mobilisation pre-planning processes and is implemented.