Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RGRROP403A, 'Perform duties of farrier at race meetings'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Perform duties of farrier at race meetings' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare for race meeting.
1. Booking of farrier services for race meeting is confirmed.
2. Adequate supplies of shoes, nails and other equipment are verified.
3. Invoicing system is confirmed with race club prior to race meeting.
4. Rules of racing that relate to hoof care, shoeing and farrier services at race meetings are defined and complied with.
Provide hoof care and shoeing service at race meetings.
5. Hazards associated with handling and shoeing horses are assessed and risks controlled to comply with OHS legislation and safe operating procedures.
6. Hoof and shoe condition are inspected, options for treatment or adjustment that comply with rules of racing are reported to relevant parties and procedures are agreed upon.
7. Shoes are removed, hooves prepared and horses shod (plated) in compliance with rules of racing and wellbeing of the horse .
8. Horses are observed in pre-race activities and shoeing or hoof status is inspected if situation warrants or as requested by stewards, starter or other relevant party.
9. Status of emergency is reported to steward and starter.
10. Emergency repairs are made in a safe and timely manner.
Finalise race meeting farrier services.
11. Tax invoice for farrier services is prepared and presented to race club within agreed time frame.
12. Reports are provided to stewards on hoof and shoeing injury and incidents.
13. Farrier work area is left clean and tidy.