Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RIIBHD501A, 'Manage blast hole drilling operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage blast hole drilling operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Prepare for blast hole drilling operations
1.1. Access, interpret and apply compliance documentation relevant to managing blast hole drilling operations
1.2. Confirm the geologicalandsurvey data relevant to the planning and implementation of blast hole drilling operations
1.3. Access, interpret and clarify the blast design parameters relevant to the planning and implementation of the blast hole drilling operations
2. Plan the blast hole drilling program
2.1. Involve internal and external stakeholders in the planning process in a way that uses their contribution effectively and gains their support for the outcomes
2.2. Select and identify source of the equipment to be used for the safe, effective and efficient implementation of the blast hole drilling program
2.3. Develop and document the blast hole drilling program in accordance with the blast design parameters, the confirmed geological and survey data and relevant requirements and procedures
2.4. Identify and acquire the resource required for the implementation of the blast hole drilling
2.5. Identify and arrange any training required for personnel involved in the pit operations
2.6. Prepare and present the blast hole drilling program budget in accordance with requirements
3. Implement, monitor and adjust the blast hole drilling program
3.1. Issue and explain the blast hole drilling program to team members and others involved, for the safe, effective and efficient implementation of the program
3.2. Provide timely ongoing support and advise to those implementing the blast hole drilling program
3.3. Ensure that the blast pattern is correctly marked out in accordance with the blast design
3.4. Ensure records and reports are maintained and issued in accordance with the pit development requirements and other relevant requirements
3.5. Monitor the blast hole drilling program and its performance against blast design parameters, the budget and other relevant requirements
3.6. Resolve anomalies in consultation with relevant stakeholders and issue appropriate instructions for adjustments to the plan and/or its implementation