Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RIIBLA601D, 'Design surface blasts'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Design surface blasts' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1 Plan and prepare for the design of surface blast
1.1 Access, interpret and apply blast plan documentation and ensure the work activity is compliant
1.2 Identify, address and report potential risks, hazards and environmental issues, determine acceptable levels of risk and implement control measures
1.3 Confirm the geological and survey data relevant to the design and implementation
1.4 Access, interpret and clarify the blast requirements relevant to the design and implementation
1.5 Identify operational limitations relevant to the design and implementation
1.6 Identify the available explosives and their characteristics relevant to the design and implementation
1.7 Identify the available initiation options and their characteristics relevant to the design and implementation
2 Prepare the blast plan
2.1 Apply the blast design parameters to prepare a safe, effective and efficient blast plan
2.2 Ensure that the blast plan meets all of the blast requirements and parameters
2.3 Prepare and present the blast plan budget in accordance with the organisation’s requirements
2.4 Document the blast plan
3 Implement, monitor and adjust blast plans
3.1 Issue, communicate, explain and clarify the blast plan to team members and others involved
3.2 Provide timely ongoing support and advice to those implementing the blast plan
3.3 Ensure written records and reports are maintained and issued to relevant personnel
3.4 Monitor and confirm the results of the blast against blast design requirements and parameters and the budget
3.5 Identify and resolve variances in consultation with relevant stakeholders and issue instructions for adjustments to future plans and/or their implementation