Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RIICSG403A, 'Apply the principles of civil timber structures construction'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply the principles of civil timber structures construction' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Ensure planning and preparation of tasks is carried out
1.1. Access, interpret and apply compliance documentation relevant to the work activity
1.2. Access, interpret and clarify the specific task information and requirements relevant to undertaking the civil timber structures construction tasks
1.3. Ensure a job plan is available which makes best use of the available resources and meets task requirements
2. Ensure initiation of tasks is carried out
2.1. Confirm that the necessary resources are available for the safe, effective and efficient conduct of the tasks
2.2. Ensure clear and timely instructions are communicated to team members and others involved, for the safe, effective and efficient conduct of tasks, to meet the specific task requirements
2.3. Set out tasks as required for the effective completion of the task
3. Oversee the execution of tasks
3.1. Monitor civil timber structures construction task performance to ensure it achieves the required outcomes
3.2. Initiate adjustments to work practice or job plan to ensure safe execution of work and achievement of required outcomes
3.3. Ensure plant equipment and tools maintenance requirements are carried out and recorded
4. Report on the execution of tasks
4.1. Complete and submit reports as required
4.2. Recommend changes to improve the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of the execution of tasks