Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RIIDES307D, 'Test, determine the cause and rectify excessive emission levels on diesel engine systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Test, determine the cause and rectify excessive emission levels on diesel engine systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Plan for testing and determine the cause and rectify excessive emission levels on diesel engine systems
1.1 Access, interpret, test and determine the cause and rectify excessive emission levels on diesel engine systems documentation and ensure the work activity is compliant
1.2 Obtain, interpret clarify and confirm work requirements before proceeding
1.3 Conduct a toolbox talk with others at the site prior to commencing and during work activities
1.4 Identify, address and report potential hazards, risks and environmental issues
1.5 Obtain and interpret emergency procedures, and be prepared for fire/accident/emergency
2. Prepare for testing and determine the cause and rectify excessive emission levels on diesel engine systems
2.1 Coordinate activities with others prior to commencement of, and during, the work activity
2.2 Identify and obtain items and tools required for the safe, effective and efficient conduct of the tasks.
2.3 Identify and arrange support required for the safe, effective and efficient completion of the tasks
2.4 Select and wear personal protection equipment appropriate for work activities
2.5 Carry out required equipment pre-start and inspection procedures
2.6 Carry out isolation and lock-out of all equipment necessary for the safe execution of tasks
2.7 Recognise and respond to hazardous and emergency situations
3. Carry out testing of emission levels and determine the cause of excessive emission levels on diesel engine systems
3.1 Select and operate testing equipment and methods
3.2 Carry out testing on diesel engine systems
3.3 Test and report on the performance of diesel oxidation catalyst system
3.4 Determine the cause of any excessive emission levels
3.5 Report outcomes of testing to appropriate person
4. Rectify excessive emission levels on diesel engine systems
4.1 Select and use maintenance items, tools and equipment
4.2 Carry out maintenance to rectify excessive emission levels on diesel engine systems
5. Conduct housekeeping activities
5.1 Tidy up the work area
5.2 Dispose of used oil, lubricant and other waste
5.3 Return and secure all tools and re-usable items
5.4 Complete and maintain inspection, testing and maintenance records