Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RIIEGS201A, 'Operate in isolated and remote situations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate in isolated and remote situations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Plan for operating in remote environments
1.1. Access, interpret and apply compliance documentation relevant to the work activity
1.2. Collate and record information relating to operating in the remote environment
1.3. Establish detailed operating and travel plans, including a disaster plan and fallback position, in consultation with supervising staff
1.4. Notify appropriate authorities of the action plans and time schedules according to enterprise policy
1.5. Identify and source relevant maps
2. Prepare for operating in remote environments
2.1. Prepare personal needs for activities or travel in remote areas
2.2. Prepare transportation and equipment for use in prescribed work location or along prescribed routes
2.3. Obtain and study relevant maps prior to departure
2.4. Report and record planned activities and itinerary accurately prior to departure
3. Prepare for emergency situations
3.1. Check provisioning meets expected operational and possible emergency needs
3.2. Check that initial planning and regular monitoring ensures structured use of available provisions and resources
3.3. Structure operating plan to include training in remote area survival techniques prior to operating in remote situations
3.4. Include emergency management procedures as an integral part of operating plans and enterprise policy
4. Operate in remote environments
4.1. Complete activities according to instructions and established time schedules
4.2. Carry out all activities in remote situations in accordance with prescribed procedures
4.3. Handle emergency situations in accordance with prescribed procedures and enterprise policy
4.4. Follow established reporting procedures on completion of planned activities and on return to base