Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RIIENV501D, 'Implement and maintain environmental management plan'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement and maintain environmental management plan' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1 Plan and prepare for the implementation and maintenance of environmental management plan
1.1 Access, interpret and apply environmental management plan documentation and ensure the work activity is compliant
1.2 Develop and document environmental objectives in consultation with relevant personnel, and conforming to policies and procedures
1.3 Develop and document the structures for the application of the environmental management plan, in consultation with relevant personnel, and conforming to the organisationâ€™s policies and procedures
1.4 Define, allocate and document the responsibilities for applying the environmental management plan in job descriptions and duty statements
2 Develop processes to support the environmental management plan
2.1 Identify existing and potential environmental hazards and risks from trends identified from inspections and records
2.2 Access, interpret and clarify the organisationâ€™s criteria for assessing and treating risks
2.3 Develop and document, in consultation, procedures and practices for the application of the environmental management plan
2.4 Identify, obtain and maintain information sources and expert advice required to support the environmental management plan
3 Prepare and implement the plan
3.1 Plan, schedule and document how the environmental management plan will be introduced
3.2 Identify, seek and/or provide resources for the operation of the environmental management plan, in a timely and consistent manner
3.3 Provide and explain the environmental management plan in a readily accessible form
3.4 Provide or arrange appropriate development and/or training for on the environmental management plan
3.5 Make available information on known and intended process changes and enhancements
3.6 Provide support and encouragement to those responsible for the conduct of the planâ€™s activities
3.7 Ensure all environmental management plan records and reports are produced, processed and maintained
4 Monitor, review and update the environmental management processes
4.1 Monitor the environmental management plan activities and achievement targets and provide/focus resources to ensure the implementation plan is satisfied
4.2 Review and update the implementation plan periodically and when changing circumstances are anticipated or occur
4.3 Complete and retain documentation covering the reasons for and changes made