Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RIIERR501D, 'Implement underground coal mine emergency preparedness and response systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement underground coal mine emergency preparedness and response systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Plan and prepare for implementation of the emergency preparedness and response systems in an underground coal mine
1.1 Access, interpret and apply underground coal mine emergency preparedness and response system documentation and ensure the work activity is compliant
1.2 Obtain, read, interpret, clarify and confirm work requirements
1.3 Identify and address potential risks, hazards and environmental issues and implement control measures
1.4 Select and wear personal protective equipment appropriate for work activities
1.5 Identify and interpret the legislative and site requirements of all personnel related to emergency preparedness and response
1.6 Determine procedures and techniques for implementation of the system
1.7 Identify and communicate roles and responsibilities of others in the emergency preparedness and response plans
1.8 Identify, obtain and allocate resources and personnel required for the implementation of the system
1.9 Consult with others on how the system is to be implemented, clarify intent and receive feedback
1.10 Respond to feedback, review outcomes, clarify decision and implement chosen options
1.11 Identify training needs of individuals, and prepare training plans
1.12 Prepare and schedule review of the system
2. Implement the emergency preparedness and response system
2.1 Implement the allocation and installation of resources and personnel
2.2 Implement training plans and ongoing capability assessments
2.3 Implement the incident "initial assessment process"
2.4 Implement incident communication systems and procedures
2.5 Implement emergency response and evacuation plans
2.6 Implement procedures for monitoring, recording and reporting on emergency
2.7 Implement procedures for the collection, analysis and validation of emergency preparedness and response data
2.8 Implement incident management action plans
2.9 Implement post-incident action plans
2.10 Clearly and concisely document information to ensure interpretation by others
2.11 Provide support to others responsible for system activities
3. Conduct system review
3.1 Liaise with the emergency response team to review activity and provide recommendations of identified areas for improvement
3.2 Review the process and outcomes of incident investigations
3.3 Review effectiveness of the incident management action plans
3.4 Review legislative and site requirements of personnel and address identified issues
3.5 Review the effectiveness of the communication and recording systems and procedures
3.6 Review and adjust the allocation and installation of resources
3.7 Review the training and assessment process, training plans and ongoing capability development
3.8 Review the incident "initial assessment process"
3.9 Review suitability and currency of the emergency response and evacuation plans and recommend areas for improvement
3.10 Review and update procedures for monitoring, recording and reporting on emergency
3.11 Review and update the procedures for the collection, analysis and validation of emergency preparedness and response data
3.12 Recommend areas for improvement and provide reasoning/evidence for changes