Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RIIMCU404E, 'Apply and monitor the gas drainage management plan'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply and monitor the gas drainage management plan' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Plan and prepare for the application and monitoring of the gas drainage management plan
1.1 Access, interpret and apply gas drainage management plan documentation, and ensure the work activity is compliant
1.2 Obtain, read, interpret, clarify and confirm work requirements
1.3 Identify, clarify and communicate roles and responsibilities
1.4 Identify, obtain and allocate resources required for the application of the gas drainage management plan
1.5 Identify individual training needs and prepare training plans
1.6 Encourage, receive, review and, where appropriate, implement suggestions and recommendations for changes to gas drainage management procedures
2. Apply the gas drainage management procedures
2.1 Identify and interpret the impact on the mine atmosphere of changes of gas make, composition and concentration
2.2 Identify and apply hazard control procedures associated with gas drainage
2.3 Apply gas monitoring system installation, operation and maintenance procedures
2.4 Apply drainage service extension and recovery procedures
2.5 Apply gas drainage system maintenance requirement procedures
2.6 Apply procedures incorporating methods and practices to minimise potential damage to the gas drainage system
2.7 Apply and monitor action levels established to minimise the hazards of gas drainage
2.8 Apply gas drainage system information recording and reporting procedures
2.9 Contribute to systems audit and review requirements
2.10 Implement training plans
3. Apply gas drainage management system maintenance procedures
3.1 Carry out inspections, repair and maintenance activities
3.2 Record, report and review maintenance activities