Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RIIRAI401D, 'Apply and monitor mine services and infrastructure systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply and monitor mine services and infrastructure systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Plan and prepare for mine services and infrastructure systems
1.1 Access, interpret and apply mine services and infrastructure systems documentation and ensure the work activity is compliant
1.2 Obtain, read, interpret, clarify and confirm work requirements
1.3 Identify and address potential risks, hazards and environmental issues and implement control measures
1.4 Select and wear personal protective equipment appropriate for work activities
1.5 Access and share with team the systems requirements
1.6 Prepare an implementation action plan, in consultation with team members, which makes best use of the available resources
1.7 Identify individual training needs and develop training plans
1.8 Issue clear and timely instructions to team members and others involved for the safe, effective and efficient use of mine services and infrastructure systems
2. Apply and monitor systems for the operation and maintenance of site services and infrastructure systems and equipment
2.1 Assess the impacts of equipment and systems on work processes, and record and report findings
2.2 Apply and monitor operational and maintenance programs and procedures
2.3 Apply and monitor procedures for reviewing and modifying work processes
2.4 Apply and monitor site procedures throughout the work and report findings
2.5 Participate in systems audit and review
2.6 Apply and monitor emergency response and evacuation plans and procedures
3. Apply systems maintenance procedures
3.1 Schedule and carry out inspections, repair and maintenance activities
3.2 Record, report and monitor maintenance requirements and activities
3.3 Recommend improvements to the systems