Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RIISAM304A, 'Install, commission and maintain major conveyor equipment and systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Install, commission and maintain major conveyor equipment and systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Plan and prepare for work
1.1. Access, interpret and apply compliance documentation relevant to the installation, commissioning and maintenance of major conveyor equipment and systems
1.2. Obtain, interpret and clarify/confirm work requirements before proceeding
1.3. Access, interpret and apply geological and survey data required to complete the allocated work
1.4. Obtain, transport and prepare materials and resources required for the work
2. Install conveyor equipment
2.1. Coordinate activities with others at the site prior to commencement of, and during, the work activity
2.2. Apply and monitor isolation and tag out procedures to establish and maintain a safe work environment throughout the job
2.3. Install conveyor equipment and systems
2.4. Recognise and respond to hazardous and emergency situations
2.5. Perform work in accordance with agreed plan and outcomes and within the operating capacities of the allocated equipment
3. Commission conveyor systems
3.1. Carry out inspection of conveyors and belts and auxiliary componentry to ensure compliance with relevant technical specifications
3.2. Carry out start-up and shut-down procedures
3.3. Test and test run equipment to ensure compliance with manufacturer instructions and site procedures
4. Carry out operator maintenance
4.1. Carry out conveyor equipment inspections and fault finding
4.2. Carry out routine operational maintenance, servicing, lubrication and housekeeping tasks
4.3. Carry out minor maintenance to manufacturer's instructions and site requirements
4.4. Provide operator support during preparation for, and conduct of, major maintenance tasks in accordance with site requirements
4.5. Process records