Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RIIUND304D, 'Recover equipment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Recover equipment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Plan and prepare or recover equipment
1.1 Access, interpret and apply documentation and procedures for recovering equipment and ensure the work activity is compliant
1.2 Obtain, interpret and clarify the recovery requirements
1.3 Access and apply safety information and procedures, including use of personal protective equipment
1.4 Select and prepare required materials
1.5 Identify, address and report potential hazards and risks, environmental and heritage issues
1.6 Conduct pre-start checks
1.7 Assist in the preparation of a recovery plan
2. Recover and access equipment
2.1 Carry out pre-start, start-up, park-up and shutdown activities, if required
2.2 Install and operate recovery equipment
2.3 Recover equipment systematically, with minimal loss and damage of equipment
2.4 Carry out pushing and towing of equipment and plant safely
2.5 Apply and interpret diagnostic operations on recovered equipment
2.6 Assess if decommissioning of equipment is required and take action
3. Conduct housekeeping activities
3.1 Clean equipment
3.2 Carry out, identify and manage removal of spills
3.3 Clean and store attachments and other ancillary equipment
3.4 Complete all required written records and documentation accurately and promptly