Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RTC2309A, 'Operate tractors'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate tractors' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare tractor for operation
OHS hazards in the work area are identified, risk assessed and reported to the supervisor.
Routine checks of tractors are conducted prior to use according to manufacturers specifications and enterprise requirements.
Attached equipment is identified and selected appropriate to work requirements, checked for safety and set for operation.
Tractor and attached equipment faults or malfunctions are identified and reported for repair according to enterprise requirements.
Risks to self, others and the environment are recognised and avoided according to OHS and enterprise requirements.
Suitable personal protective equipment is selected, used, maintained and stored according to OHS and enterprise requirements.
Tractor is operated in a safe and controlled manner and monitored for performance and efficiency.
Hazards are identified, anticipated and controlled through the application of safe and defensive driving techniques.
Environmental implications associated with tractor operation are recognised and positive enterprise environmental procedures applied where relevant.
Complete and check tractor operation
Shut-down procedures are conducted according to manufacturers specifications and enterprise requirements.
Malfunctions, faults, irregular performance or damage to tractor and attached equipment is detailed and reported according to enterprise requirements.
Tractor and attached equipment is cleaned and decontaminated where necessary, secured and stored according to enterprise and OHS requirements.
Tractor operational reports are maintained to industry standards according to enterprise requirements.