Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RTC3218A, 'Undertake a site assessment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Undertake a site assessment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Identify purpose for site assessment
Client brief is prepared and agreed.
Project objectives are outlined.
Collect and collate base information
Existing resources are identified and acquired.
Local or site maps and plans are sourced.
Base plan is prepared of the site.
Prepare for site visit
OHS hazards associated with undertaking a site visit are assessed for potential risks and controls implemented accordingly.
Location, ownership and site boundaries are verified.
Covenants that could affect the project design are identified and recorded.
Climate and weather conditions are ascertained from historical data.
Where required, formal approval is sought to visit site.
Undertake site inspection
Site orientation is undertaken.
Existing on-site and adjacent site features that may impact upon the project objectives are identified and recorded.
Site grades are visually identified and recorded.
Soil characteristics are identified from soil identification reference chart guidelines and soil maps, and recorded on site inventory report.
The species, health and location of vegetation is recorded on site inventory report.
The presence, location and/or extent of other site features are recorded on site inventory report.
Where required, soil samples for testing by others are gathered and forwarded for analysis according to enterprise guidelines.
Site information is documented in accordance with enterprise procedures.
Documents are completed and forwarded to supervisor/manager according to enterprise procedures.