Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RTC4306A, 'Supervise maintenance of machinery and equipment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Supervise maintenance of machinery and equipment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare maintenance plan
Maintenance requirements for property, machinery and equipment are identified from relevant information sources.
Maintenance costs are identified and quantified.
Maintenance requirements are checked against warranty, insurance agreements and indemnity provisions.
Maintenance plan is developed to promote and sustain performance and production systems in line with enterprise requirements.
Effective workplace communication strategies are established with regard to maintenance plan, environmental and OHS policies, and enterprise requirements.
Implement maintenance plan
Resource and supply requirements are identified, secured and included in enterprise budgets and operational considerations.
Prepared maintenance schedules and procedures are effectively communicated to staff, contractors and suppliers to minimise negative impacts on production and costs.
Maintenance plan is implemented and scheduled to minimise disruption to enterprise operations.
Potential risks are assessed with regard to staff and supply problems, and contingency plans prepared accordingly.
Machinery and equipment are operated to manufacturers specifications, OHS and enterprise requirements.
Monitor maintenance plan
Maintenance activities and performance are monitored against maintenance plan for efficiency and effectiveness.
Workplace hazards and environmental implications associated with maintenance procedures are monitored and controlled in line with OHS and enterprise requirements.
Costs are monitored and controlled within enterprise budget requirements.
Relevant information with regard to the maintenance plan is documented in accordance with enterprise requirements.
Property, machinery and equipment are maintained in clean and safe operational conditions.