Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RTD2502A, 'Maintain wildlife habitat refuges'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain wildlife habitat refuges' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Assess the scope of the refuge maintenance job
Desirable wildlife species to be protected are identified and their behaviour pattern determined.
Characteristics of wildlife habitat refuges are identified.
Locations of wildlife habitat refuges are determined.
Time required to complete the wildlife habitat refuge maintenance job is estimated.
Hazards associated with the wildlife habitat refuge maintenance job are identified in accordance with OHS standards.
Environmental risks associated with the wildlife habitat refuge maintenance job are identified in accordance with statutory and local authority requirements.
Vehicles, equipment and materials required to complete the wildlife habitat refuge maintenance job are identified.
Prepare for the refuge maintenance job
Location and boundaries for the wildlife habitat refuge maintenance job are determined in accordance with the vertebrate pest management strategy and monitoring program.
Precautions to minimise hazards associated with the wildlife habitat refuge maintenance job are taken in accordance with OHS standards.
Precautions to minimise environmental risks associated with the wildlife habitat refuge maintenance job are taken in accordance with statutory and local authority requirements.
Vehicles, equipment and materials are checked for serviceability in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and relevant policies.
Maintain wildlife habitat refuges for protection of desirable species from predators
Vehicles and equipment are operated and/or driven in accordance with manufacturer's instructions, statutory requirements and industry practice.
Wildlife habitat refuges which protect desirable animal species are maintained in accordance with industry practice and environmental statutory requirements.
Desirable animal species are protected as required in accordance with environmental statutory requirements.
Debris is disposed of in accordance with industry practice.
Clean and store equipment and materials
Equipment and materials are cleaned and stored in accordance with relevant standards and policies.
Job completion is reported or recorded in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.