Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RTD3507A, 'Undertake sampling and testing of water'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Undertake sampling and testing of water' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan for sampling and testing field work
Monitoring schedule is read/heard and confirmed with manager.
Advanced water quality and environmental parameters are identified.
Samples to be collected to determine water quality and environmental parameters are identified by supervisory staff.
Equipment requirements for water sampling and testing are determined and arranged.
Range of likely operating conditions, hazards and difficult/sensitive environments are assessed for impact on sampling and testing.
Prepare equipment and resources
Equipment required for sampling and testing is sourced according to monitoring procedures.
Equipment is checked for availability and serviceability in accordance with enterprise procedures.
Testing and correlation is carried out to verify correct and accurate performance of equipment.
Repairs and maintenance of field-based equipment and instruments are carried out in accordance with enterprise procedures and manufacturer's instructions.
Data or record sheets/books are collected for use.
Equipment, data sheets and personnel are moved to sampling sites without injury or damage and readied for use.
Equipment is installed and protected according to manufacturer's specifications, safety and enterprise requirements.
Staff undertaking sampling and testing are briefed on and are aware of responsibilities in accordance with monitoring schedule.
Testing equipment is confirmed and serviceable for monitoring procedures in field conditions to enterprise and manufacturers' requirements.
Carry out sampling and testing of water
Tests are undertaken in accordance with monitoring plan and enterprise procedures to avoid erroneous readings.
Samples are taken and tested in accordance with monitoring standards and guidelines.
Samples for external analysis are prepared, packaged and sent to laboratory in accordance with monitoring schedule and laboratory standards.
Specific and general observations including information on relevant ambient and antecedent environmental conditions are made in accordance with monitoring schedule.
Personnel undertaking sampling and testing tasks are supervised and feedback given on work performance.
Equipment operation and work practices conform to OHS requirements.
Complete water sampling and testing activities
Equipment and clothing is cleaned, sanitised, repaired and stored in accordance with enterprise procedures.
Damaged or malfunctioning equipment is repaired on site or sent to manufacturer or specialist.
Test results and observations are accurately recorded on data sheets and forwarded in accordance with enterprise procedures.
Changes in field conditions and equipment are conveyed to supervisor according to enterprise procedures.