Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RTD4802A, 'Develop approaches to include cultural and human diversity'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop approaches to include cultural and human diversity' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Identify potential for cultural diversity
Information on the population is used to identify the range of cultural diversity.
Potential involvement of individuals and groups of people are identified in the context of the program.
Adjustments to program and program promotional materials are identified to meet cultural frameworks of different peoples.
Develop processes to include culturally diverse groups
Cultural protocols are identified to ensure contacts with individuals/communities are successful.
Key persons who may influence relationships are identified.
Steps to develop and maintain contact with culturally diverse groups are formulated in line with understanding of the cultures, goals of the relationship, and any relevant enterprise guidelines.
Processes are inclusive of an equitable involvement of various sections of the community and their perspectives.
Communicate potential and support for culturally diverse groups
People and groups of culturally diverse background in the area are approached to promote their potential involvement in groups and programs in line with formulated steps.
Potential of program and group activities is communicated in a culturally relevant manner.
Approaches are adjusted in light of any new information on cultural groups and protocols.
Links between individuals and culturally diverse groups are facilitated to ensure good community relationships and development of the program.