Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RTE2707B, 'Follow site quarantine procedures'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Follow site quarantine procedures' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
1 Prepare to work in quarantine site.
Ensure personal and/or work vehicles are decontaminated before entering the quarantine site.
Contact with potential contaminants is reported according to enterprise requirements.
Hands are washed before livestock, feed, plant stock or other products are handled.
Appropriate clothing and footwear is put on before commencing work and 'street clothing' is securely stored away from livestock, feed or other products.
2 Work in quarantine site.
Chemicals and/or medications are handled and stored appropriately.
Where relevant to the production activities of the enterprise, different feed mixes, soils and/or growing media and/or other products are kept separate and appropriately marked according to enterprise procedures.
Any cases of pest or parasite infestation are identified and reported to supervisor.
Any breaches of quarantine procedures are identified and reported to supervisor.
Any OHS hazards are identified and appropriate action is taken according to enterprise policy and OHS legislation and codes.
All waste product is disposed of according to enterprise procedures.
All deceased livestock, unwanted biological material or damaged/infected plant stock and other items are disposed of according to enterprise procedures.
Information relating to work in quarantine site is recorded as required by the enterprise procedures.
3 Assist in maintaining site quarantine procedures.
All visitors are informed of the quarantine procedures and are provided with appropriate clothing and footwear, if required by enterprise procedures.
Any observed breaches of quarantine procedures by visitors are noted and reported to supervisor.
Gates and doors are kept locked where required by enterprise procedures and supervisor instructions.
Where installed, security fencing is maintained according to supervisor instructions.
Deliveries to site are checked to ensure that established procedures for vehicle decontamination, unloading and receipt and holding or storage of stock and/or supplies are followed.
4 Respond to site quarantine breach or problem.
The specific problem and its location is identified and reported to supervisor.
Problems are secured according to enterprise procedures.
Quarantine site and location of breach is cleaned and disinfected as required according to the specific nature of the problem and enterprise procedures.
Livestock, plant stock and other items suspected of being exposed to contaminants are isolated and monitored for evidence of contamination according to enterprise procedures.
All contaminated stock/materials and other items are treated and/or disposed of according to enterprise procedures.
Information about the breach or problem is recorded according to enterprise procedures.