Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RTE3131A, 'Transport livestock'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Transport livestock' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare for the transport of livestock
Transport plan is obtained, interpreted and clarified according to legislative and enterprise requirements.
Vehicles, equipment and resources are identified and arranged according to transportation plan.
Routine pre-operational checks of vehicle and equipment are carried out prior to use according to manufacturers specifications and enterprise requirements.
Load is calculated and maintained within working specifications.
Workplace safety policies and procedures are observed and followed according to OHS and enterprise requirements.
Load agreement is checked for compliance with transport code specifications and relevant documentation completed.
Prepared livestock are loaded and secured safely and humanely according to animal welfare, OHS and enterprise requirements.
Existing and potential hazards are identified and managed according to OHS, legislative and enterprise requirements.
Transport and unload livestock
Livestock are transported with minimal stress and discomfort according to animal welfare requirements.
Vehicles follow approved transport routes and comply with legislated speed limits, avoiding damage to livestock, personnel, vehicle or environment.
Livestock are unloaded safely and humanely using appropriate equipment and facilities according to manufacturers specifications.
Livestock condition and welfare are monitored and appropriate feed and water requirements are provided according to enterprise requirements.
Complete transportation operations
Vehicle shutdown procedures are carried out according to manufacturers specifications.
Vehicle, equipment and facilities are cleaned, maintained and secured according to OHS and enterprise requirements.
Relevant information is documented according to legislative and enterprise requirements.