Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RTE3506A, 'Monitor weather conditions'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Monitor weather conditions' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Interpret weather and climate information
Weather and climate information and warnings are regularly monitored to determine likely conditions.
Potential variations in weather and climate conditions are anticipated and assessed according to warnings, weather patterns and historical experience.
Possible impacts of weather and climate on crops, livestock and work tasks are identified to determine appropriate preventative action.
Suitable preventative actions are reviewed to ensure availability of appropriate resources and responses.
Carry out preventative action
Information and advice is promptly disseminated to relevant personnel.
Preventative action is determined according to the known effects on livestock, crops and work tasks.
Actions to minimise loss and damage are implemented.
Livestock or crop management program and work schedules are adjusted and revised according to climatic changes.
Monitor weather and climate
Regular updates are accessed to determine the ongoing suitability of current programs.
Viability of livestock and crop management practices and scheduling of work tasks are reviewed to ensure suitability within meteorological conditions.
Research on forecasting techniques is undertaken to maintain currency of information.
Relevant information is documented and recorded according to enterprise requirements.
3.1 Regular updates are accessed to determine the ongoing suitability of current programs.