Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RTE5903A, 'Plan, implement and review a quality assurance program'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan, implement and review a quality assurance program' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Determine quality assurance objectives for the enterprise
Future market requirements for quality assured products are assessed.
Premiums for quality assurance products are determined.
Strategic benefits of a quality assurance program are assessed.
Plan the quality assurance program and develop implementation strategies
Product quality standards are defined.
Current status of products and operations is audited.
Industry quality assurance programs are evaluated and costed.
Required processes and practices are documented in the quality assurance program manual and an implementation plan is prepared.
Implement the quality assurance program
Instructions are documented defining task and process requirements.
Contractor and staff training is established and implemented.
Communication takes account of social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
Changes to processes and practices are introduced.
Processes to monitor and verify product quality are established.
Recording systems are introduced.
Operating instructions are validated under conditions to verify their suitability.
Problems and issues are analysed and resolved appropriately, promptly and decisively.
Review the quality assurance program
Reporting formats are established.
Mechanisms for gaining feedback information are implemented.
Preparation is made for quality assurance audits.