Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RTF2015A, 'Prepare turf surfaces for play'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Prepare turf surfaces for play' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare the site to be mown
Services affecting the turf surface are located using site plans and in consultation with the supervisor.
Permanent obstacles and OHS hazards are identified, risks assessed and reported to the supervisor.
Movable obstacles are removed before and replaced after mowing and debris is disposed of in an environmentally aware and safe manner according to enterprise work procedures.
Abnormal conditions or changes in the appearance of the site are reported to the supervisor.
Prepare equipment for mowing
Tools, equipment and machinery are selected that are appropriate to the task being undertaken.
The mower is calibrated and adjusted to height according to the manufacturers guidelines and enterprise work procedures.
Pre-operational checks of tools, equipment and machinery are completed according to manufacturers specifications and enterprise work procedures.
Suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) is selected, used and maintained.
Suitable safety equipment is selected and erected at the work site during work periods.
Mow playing surface
Grass appearance is assessed against enterprise guidelines and changes in appearance are reported to the supervisor.
The mower is matched to any implement attached to it according to manufacturers guidelines and enterprise work procedures.
Continuous oversight of mowing activities is maintained according to enterprise work procedures.
Mowing is undertaken according to OHS requirements.
Undertake final preparation of playing surface
Mark out tools appropriate for the task being undertaken are selected.
Lengths and angles are measured to locate markers and match play equipment according to enterprise work procedures and industry practice.
Marking out is completed according to the intended playing surface use and enterprise work procedures.
Markers and play equipment are placed where necessary according to enterprise work procedures.
Correct manual handling techniques are used when lifting or moving heavy loads.
Tools, equipment and machinery are cleaned, maintained and stored according to enterprise work procedures.
Work outcomes are recorded or reported to the supervisor according to enterprise work procedures.