Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RTF2019A, 'Renovate grassed areas'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Renovate grassed areas' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare turf area for renovation
Services are located using site and construction plans and in consultation with the supervisor.
OHS hazards are identified, risks assessed and reported to the supervisor.
Suitable safety equipment is selected for the turf renovation program.
The environmental implications of the turf renovation program are identified and the likely outcomes assessed and reported to the supervisor.
Preparation of turf area is carried out according to enterprise work procedures and site and construction plans.
Prepare equipment for turf renovation
Hand tools and renovation machinery are selected that are appropriate to the task being undertaken.
Pre-operational and safety checks are carried out on hand tools and renovation machinery, according to manufacturers specifications and enterprise work procedures.
Suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) is selected, used and maintained.
Undertake turf renovation
Safety equipment is erected around trench lines, holes and other disturbed surfaces during and between work periods.
Correct manual handling techniques are used when lifting or moving heavy loads.
The turf renovation program is undertaken according to OHS requirements.
Turf renovation tools and machinery are operated safely and effectively.
Complete turf renovation
Plant debris and waste material removed from the site are disposed of in an environmentally aware and safe manner according to enterprise work procedures.
Tools and machinery are cleaned, maintained and stored according to enterprise work procedures.
A clean and safe area is maintained throughout and on completion of work.
Work outcomes are recorded or reported to the supervisor according to enterprise work procedures.