Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RTF2023A, 'Support turf establishment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Support turf establishment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to establish a planted area
The planting site, planting methods and turf plant species and cultivars are identified according to the site plan and enterprise work procedures.
Materials, tools, equipment and machinery are selected according to planted area design requirements and enterprise work procedures.
Pre-operational and safety checks are carried out on tools, equipment and machinery according to manufacturers specifications and enterprise work procedures.
The environmental implications of the turf establishment program are identified and the likely outcomes assessed and reported to the supervisor.
OHS hazards are identified, risks assessed and reported to the supervisor.
Suitable safety and personal protective equipment (PPE) is selected, used and maintained.
Prepare the planting area
Layout of services is recognised, depths checked against the site plan and discrepancies are reported to the supervisor.
Earthworks are undertaken according to OHS requirements.
All competing plants are treated according to enterprise work procedures.
Soil is assessed for moisture, tilth, compactness, depth and decaying plant material according to enterprise work procedures.
Soil additives are selected and applied according to enterprise work procedures.
The entire surface is raked out evenly to achieve a consistent texture and the area is uniformly levelled to defined contour requirements according to enterprise work procedures.
The planting site is watered according to the planting method and enterprise work procedures.
Debris and pollutants are removed from the site and disposed of in an environmentally aware and safe manner according to enterprise work procedures.
All turf plant material is inspected prior to being planted and material with major defects is discarded according to enterprise work procedures.
Hygiene practices with use of tools and equipment are clarified with supervisor and observed in establishment work.
Turf plant material with minor defects is trimmed or treated to maintain health and vigour according to enterprise work procedures.
Seed spread by hand and mechanically is evenly distributed over the whole planting area with no overlap and no areas missed according to enterprise work procedures.
The entire sown surface is evenly raked and thoroughly watered according to enterprise work procedures.
Sods are correctly oriented, rolled evenly onto a moist surface and interlocked in the pattern and area according to enterprise work procedures.
Newly laid turf is watered thoroughly to encourage establishment according to enterprise work procedures.
Provide post-planting care
The planted site is protected from animals, pedestrian and vehicular traffic according to enterprise work procedures.
The planted site is rolled to a work pattern planned to cover the area evenly and efficiently and rolling is even, flat and uniform with no disturbance according to enterprise work procedures.
Turf is mown according to a pattern and height specified in enterprise work procedures.
Top dressing is applied evenly to the required depth over the whole area and is worked or rubbed into the surface according to enterprise work procedures.
New turf is watered according to irrigation system manufacturers specifications and enterprise work procedures.
Water is applied by hand to dry or under-watered plants according to the requirements of the turf species and cultivar, and according to enterprise work procedures.
Watering patterns are checked for dry spots and blockages and faults are rectified according to manufacturers specifications and reported to the supervisor.
Monitor turf health
Turf structure is observed for quality according to published data, enterprise work procedures and industry standards.
Damaged turf is identified according to published data, suppliers specifications, historical data and enterprise work procedures.
Plants incorrectly planted or situations that will prevent plants from reaching their full potential are identified, recorded and reported to the supervisor according to enterprise work procedures.
Complete establishment of the planted area
Earthworks are finished off to plan specifications and enterprise work procedures.
Waste material is removed from the planting site and disposed of in an environmentally aware and safe manner according to enterprise work procedures.
Tools, equipment and machinery are cleaned, maintained and stored according to enterprise work procedures.
A clean and safe work area is maintained throughout and on completion of work.
Work outcomes are recorded or reported to the supervisor according to enterprise work procedures.