Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RTF3011A, 'Implement a plant establishment program'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement a plant establishment program' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to establish a planted area
The planting site, planting methods and plant species and cultivars are identified according to the site plan and enterprise work procedures.
Materials, tools, equipment and machinery are selected according to planted area design requirements and enterprise work procedures.
Pre-operational and safety checks are carried out on tools, equipment and machinery according to manufacturers' specifications and enterprise work procedures.
OHS hazards are identified, risks assessed, controls implemented and reported to the supervisor.
Suitable safety and personal protective equipment (PPE) is selected, used, maintained and stored.
Coordinate establishment of the planted area
Enterprise work team and contractors are identified and work tasks are co-ordinated in a sequential, timely and effective manner in consultation with the supervisor.
Establishment of the planted area is undertaken according to OHS requirements, and with due consideration of the environmental implications.
A clean and safe work area is maintained throughout and on completion of work.
Prepare the planting area
Layout of services is recognised, depths checked against the site plan, and discrepancies are reported to the supervisor and the relevant authority.
Earthworks are undertaken according to enterprise work procedures.
Additives are selected and applied, as required, according to site conditions and enterprise work procedures.
The planting site is watered, where required, according to the planting method and enterprise work procedures.
Positions of plants are marked out on site according to the plant establishment program.
Debris and pollutants are removed from the site and disposed of in an environmentally aware and safe manner according to enterprise work procedures and OHS requirements.
Undertake planting operation
All plants are inspected prior to being planted, and plants with major defects are discarded according to enterprise work procedures.
Plants with minor defects are trimmed or treated to maintain health and vigour according to enterprise work procedures.
Plants are planted at a spacing sufficient to enable them to develop their full potential according to enterprise work procedures and the plant establishment program.
Planting methods comply with the growing requirements of individual plant species and cultivars.
Newly installed plants are provided with post-planting care according to enterprise work procedures.
Pruning is undertaken, where necessary, according to the needs of the species and cultivar to ensure plants develop a sound framework for their growth and habit according to enterprise work procedures.
Monitor the plant establishment program
The plant establishment program is monitored according to enterprise work procedures.
Plants incorrectly planted, or situations that will prevent plants from reaching their full potential are identified, recorded and reported according to enterprise work procedures.
Remedial action is undertaken to ensure all requirements of the plant establishment program are implemented.
Complete program of works
Earthworks are completed to plan specifications and enterprise work procedures.
Waste material is removed from the planting site and disposed of in an environmentally aware and safe manner according to enterprise work procedures and OHS requirements.
Tools, equipment and machinery are cleaned, maintained and stored according to OHS and enterprise work procedures.
Work outcomes are recorded or reported to the supervisor according to enterprise work procedures.