Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RTF3207A, 'Implement a landscape maintenance program'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement a landscape maintenance program' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Interpret a landscape maintenance program
Scope of maintenance works is determined according to the landscape maintenance program.
Frequency of maintenance works is determined and implemented according to the landscape maintenance program.
Landscape maintenance standards are established in line with the landscape maintenance program.
Maintenance works are planned and prepared.
OHS hazards are identified, associated risks assessed and suitable controls implemented.
Environmental impact of landscape maintenance activities are identified.
Identify and replace diseased or damaged plants
Diseased or damaged plants are identified and recorded.
Plants are treated or removed and replaced according to terms and conditions of the maintenance program.
Diseased or damaged plants which are beyond the scope of the maintenance program are reported to the nominated person.
Aftercare is provided to re established plants to ensure their health and vigour are maintained.
Monitor and maintain landscape areas
A site inspection checklist is established according to the landscape maintenance program.
Site is regularly inspected according to the checklist.
Check and repair plant protection devices.
Remedial action and repairs are identified to restore site to full effectiveness.
Results of maintenance works are assessed and recorded to ensure repairs or renovation objectives and standards have been achieved according to the landscape maintenance program.
Ensure surroundings are tidied and materials and equipment cleared from the landscape area on completion of maintenance works.