Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RTF3217A, 'Set out site for construction works'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Set out site for construction works' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Interpret site plans and specifications
The various components of the site plan and specifications are identified.
Site plan and specifications are compared with other available plans to ensure accuracy of information.
Equipment required for the setting out of construction works is determined from the site plan and specifications.
Environmental impact of proposed construction works is considered in the interpretation of site plans.
OHS hazards associated with the setting out of construction works are assessed for potential risks, and controls implemented accordingly.
Locate and mark out position of construction works
Existing site features are located from the site plan.
Position of proposed construction works is located from the site plan.
Scale measurements of lines, shapes, angles and dimensions are transferred from the site plan to site.
The shape of proposed construction works is marked out on site according to the site plan and specifications.
Establish datum point and survey benchmarks on site
Datum point is established to ensure all existing and proposed construction works can be linked by survey equipment.
Survey benchmarks are selected and established on positions/structures on site according to site plan and specifications.
Take and verify site levels
Levelling equipment is set up and checked for accuracy of readings.
Instruments, which are out of specification, are adjusted accordingly.
Levels are taken, verified and recorded in accordance with established datum point and survey benchmarks.
Levelling equipment is cleaned, maintained and stored according to manufacturers instructions.