Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RTF4005A, 'Develop a sports turf maintenance program'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop a sports turf maintenance program' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Determine additives required by performing soil and plant testing
Soil and plant tests are determined according to the requirements of the turf plant species and cultivars, climatic conditions, prevailing soil and plant conditions, enterprise guidelines and industry best practice.
A soil and plant testing program is developed which defines field and off-site testing activities, task responsibilities, involvement of contractors, scheduling, and desired information outcomes.
Testing tasks are implemented and monitored, liaison procedures with outside testing agencies are supervised and remedial action is undertaken where necessary.
Data and readings are compiled and presented in a form that can be easily read and interpreted.
Seasonal issues are determined from published data on the turf plant species and cultivars, historical records, own experience, and enterprise guidelines.
Nutritional status of the turf plant species and cultivars is determined by analysing collected data and comparing to accepted standards.
Identify the requirements of a sports turf maintenance program
The standards for turf presentation are clearly defined according to client requirements, enterprise guidelines and industry best practice.
The different maintenance requirements during a range of conditions over the growing cycle of the turf plant are identified according to published data on the species and cultivar, historical records, own experience, and enterprise guidelines.
Sports turf maintenance procedures are selected to achieve the appropriate plant condition according to the standards for turf presentation.
Resources, tools, equipment and machinery required for the sports turf maintenance program are identified, costed, and availability confirmed with suppliers, contractors and appropriate personnel.
The most cost-effective approach to maintaining the sports turf playing surface is determined.
OHS hazards associated with the implementation of the sports turf maintenance program are identified, risks assessed and controls developed according to enterprise guidelines, costed and documented in the program.
Environmental implications of sports turf maintenance activities are identified and documented in the program.
Prepare and document the sports turf maintenance program
Detailed plan, specifications and quotation are prepared based on the requirements of the program and presented to management for acceptance.
Scaled site plan is produced which can be readily interpreted and understood by on-site personnel according to enterprise standards.
Detailed on-site procedures and schedules required for the sports turf maintenance program are developed and documented.
Monitor the sports turf maintenance program
Implementation of the maintenance program is monitored to ensure enterprise standards for presentation of sports turf playing surfaces are achieved.
The sports turf maintenance program is reviewed and monitored to ensure it remains responsive to changing conditions.
Appropriate courses of action are implemented to alleviate or overcome identified shortcomings in the program.
Remedial action undertaken is documented and reported to management according to enterprise policy.