Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SFIDIST202B, 'Retail fresh, frozen and live seafood'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Retail fresh, frozen and live seafood' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Set up display
Appropriate personal protective clothing is worn, according to enterprise procedures and occupational health and safety requirements.
Seafood is taken from chiller, assessed for freshness and suitability, and prepared for retail display according to enterprise procedures and occupational health and safety requirements.
Product identified as unsuitable is set aside and dealt with according to enterprise procedures.
Temperature of product in retail display is checked to ensure conformity with enterprise procedures and food regulations.
Display is checked to ensure that no cross-contamination occurs between raw and cooked product, according to food regulations.
Price tickets are prepared to show the correct name and price and are clean before being placed on the display, according to enterprise procedures and food regulations.
Live product is placed in tanks, according to enterprise procedures.
Product temperature is monitored according to enterprise procedures to ensure that it is within the required range, and according to food regulations.
Fresh product is kept moist and attractive, according to enterprise procedures.
Ice and water used on fresh product is potable, according to food regulations.
Display is checked and adjusted if necessary, according to enterprise procedures.
Display of frozen product is checked to ensure that all product is within its use-by-date and is placed below the freezer unit's load line, according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Live product display tanks are checked to ensure all dead and dying fish are removed, and equipment is in full working order, according to enterprise procedures.
Faults in refrigeration, tank and other equipment, are reported to the appropriate person, according to enterprise procedures.
Product knowledge is demonstrated in all communications with customer, in regard to shelf life and suggested cooking methods, according to enterprise procedures.
Product is trimmed or scaled to order by the appropriate person, according to enterprise procedures.
Product is handled, weighed, wrapped and packaged, according to enterprise procedures and food regulations.
Pack up and clean up
Product is removed from retail display and freshness and suitability for sale is assessed, according to enterprise procedures and food regulations.
Unsuitable product is disposed of according to enterprise procedures.
Price tags are removed and cleaned, according to enterprise procedures.
The empty retail display and fresh product preparation areas are cleaned according to enterprise procedures to ensure food regulations are met.
Stocktake of fresh, live and frozen product is undertaken according to enterprise procedures.
Use-by-dates on packaged fresh and frozen product are checked and out-of-date product disposed of according to enterprise procedures and food regulations.
Product is placed in chiller and freezer storage rooms in appropriate areas according to enterprise procedures and food regulations.
Product held overnight in chillers is re-iced as necessary according to enterprise procedures and food regulations.
Identification and traceability of unpackaged fresh and live product is maintained according to enterprise procedures and food regulations.
Refrigerated storage rooms are cleaned according to enterprise procedures and food regulations.