Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIBBBOS504A, 'Apply aromatic plant oil chemistry to beauty treatments'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply aromatic plant oil chemistry to beauty treatments' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Identify the properties of a range of aromatic oils.
Identify general properties of aromatic plant oils.
Identify plant information of a range of aromatic plant oils.
Prepare profiles of a range of aromatic plant oils.
Identify type and structure of different bonds found in aromatic plant oils.
Apply organic chemistry to aromatic oil properties.
Identify and evaluate carbon backbone and functional groups of aromatic plant oils.
Identify and apply chemical terminology of aromatic plant oils.
Identify processes that affect the chemistry of selected aromatic plant oils.
Determine solubility of aromatic plant oils.
Determine emulsifiers and dispersants for aromatic plant oils.
Evaluate properties of carrier oils.
Identify differences between aromatic plant oils and carrier oils.
Identify commonly used carrier oils and their characteristics.
Evaluate quality of carrier oils.
Identify and evaluate carrier oils that may be used as additives in an aromatic plant oil blend.
Identify and evaluate other mediums that may be used as alternatives to carrier oils.
Apply chemical information to beauty treatments.
Identify uses of aromatic plant oils in beauty treatments.
Determine ratios of ingredients used when blending aromatic plant oils for use in beauty treatments.
Apply relevant legislation and codes and workplace policies and procedures to ensure safe storage and handling of ingredients.
Identify and apply storage and labelling requirements to relevant legislation and workplace policies and procedures.