Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIFCWHS002, 'Work in confined spaces'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Work in confined spaces' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Plan and prepare for work in confined spaces.
1.1 Access, confirm and apply work instructions.
1.2 Obtain, confirm and apply safety requirements according to work method, characteristics of the confined space, relevant legislation and workplace policies and procedures.
1.3 Obtain authorisation to enter confined space according to relevant legislation.
1.4 Confirm emergency response procedure with the stand by person.
1.5 Isolate mechanical or electrical energies to the confined space according to relevant legislation and workplace policies and procedures.
1.6 Select tools and equipment according to work instructions and check, report or rectify faults.
1.7 Identify and implement signage and barrier requirements according to project plan.
1.8 Identify, confirm and apply environmental protection requirements according to project environmental management plan.
1.9 Check rescue equipment and position close to point of entry.
2. Enter and work in the confined space.
2.1 Open access to the space as required.
2.2 Enter confined space according to agreed procedure.
2.3 Test and monitor atmosphere for harmful elements according to workplace policies and procedures.
2.4 Maintain communication with the stand-by person.
2.5 Perform designated work in confined space according to entry permit requirements and work instructions.
3. Exit confined space.
3.1 Recover tools, equipment and materials from confined space.
3.2 Exit confined space according to agreed procedure.
3.3 Close access as required.
3.4 Apply tagging and lock-out procedures as required.
3.5 Complete confined space entry log.
4. Clean work area.
4.1 Clear work area and dispose of or recycle materials according to project environmental management plan.
4.2 Clean, check, maintain and store tools and equipment according to manufacturer guidelines and workplace policies and procedures.
4.3 Remove barriers and signs and clean and store according to workplace policies and procedures.