Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIFMPR004A, 'Develop marketing strategies and activities'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop marketing strategies and activities' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Develop marketing strategies.
Analyse business and its key products and services to determine focus of marketing strategies according to business plan objectives.
Determine marketing strategies and objectives in consultation with relevant people according to business plan.
Balance range and pricing of products and services to meet client needs and fiscal responsibilities.
Brief staff involved in marketing effort on their roles and responsibilities to ensure success of marketing strategies.
Develop marketing and promotional activities.
Determine marketing and promotional activities to suit each target market.
Plan and implement marketing and promotional activities according to marketing objectives and budgetary requirements.
Develop marketing and promotional materials in conjunction with appropriate personnel.
Monitor and improve marketing performance.
Monitor marketing promotional activities and evaluate their effectiveness accordance to sales objectives and targets.
Analyse issues affecting effectiveness and take corrective action.
Provide opportunities to relevant people to suggest ways to improve marketing performance.
Seek and analyse client feedback on all aspects of marketing and promotional activities to improve targeting and outcomes.
Conduct ongoing research of client requirements to identify opportunities for change and improvement.