Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIFMWK016A, 'Treat tissue gas'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Treat tissue gas' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to treat tissue gas.
Identify and prepare mortuary area and appropriate mortuary instruments and equipment according to workplace policies and procedures, relevant legislation and infection control practices.
Prepare and use personal protective equipment according to workplace policies and procedures, and relevant legislation.
Identify and respect social, cultural and religious requirements.
Identify need for tissue gas treatment through physical examination of the deceased person's skin.
Assess likelihood of success of the treatment and determine further action.
Remove tissue gas from identified areas of the deceased person.
Cleanse and disinfect the body according to workplace policies and procedures and infection control practices.
Check deceased person's skin for skin slip and durability.
Identify exit points for the tissue gas.
Insert hypodermic needle into appropriate point to create a channelling effect toward the tissue gas.
Move gas in direction of hypodermic holes to facilitate its expulsion from the deceased person's body.
Apply cauterising agent as required.
Identify and manage hazards, complications and problems according to workplace policies and procedures.
Complete documentation and clean up.
Complete case analysis report according to workplace policies and procedures.
Clean, disinfect or sterilise instruments and equipment according to workplace policies and procedures, and relevant legislation.
Dispose of waste materials according to workplace policies and procedures, and relevant legislation.
Store instruments and equipment according to workplace policies and procedures and report faults.
Clean and disinfect mortuary area according to workplace policies and procedures, and relevant legislation.