Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIFOHS006A, 'Implement and monitor OHS procedures'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement and monitor OHS procedures' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Provide information about OHS in the workplace.
Apply appropriate communication strategies to advise staff members of relevant OHS legislation and regulations and workplace policies and procedures.
Maintain currency of information using relevant sources.
Maintain accessible storage or filing of OHS documentation according to workplace policies and procedures.
Implement and monitor safe work practices.
Identify breaches of safe work practices and assist staff to change unsafe practices.
Implement and monitor safe work practices for specific tasks or situations.
Monitor staff practices for handling hazardous materials and infectious or contaminated waste according to workplace policies and procedures, and relevant legislation.
Monitor staff practices for safe manual handling techniques according to workplace policies and procedures, and relevant legislation.
Monitor the use, care and maintenance of personal protective equipment according to workplace policies and procedures, and relevant legislation.
Implement and monitor security and emergency procedures.
Implement and monitor workplace security policies and procedures and assist staff to address breaches.
Address identified workplace hazards and unsafe situations or report to appropriate personnel according to workplace policies and procedures.
Monitor staff familiarity with accident, fire and emergency procedures and address deficiencies in staff knowledge or implementation.
Implement and monitor housekeeping and documentation procedures.
Monitor general cleanliness and sanitation of workplace for ongoing implementation of housekeeping procedures.
Monitor disposal of general waste and hazardous or infectious waste materials and assist staff to address breaches of relevant policies, procedures or legislation.
Implement and monitor maintenance schedule for tools and equipment according to workplace policies and procedures.
Review OHS documentation for accurate completion and maintenance of record keeping.