Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRRMER006A, 'Manufacture visual merchandising support structures'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manufacture visual merchandising support structures' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Follow workshop operational procedures.
Use workshop tools and equipment according to manufacturer operational and safety instructions.
Maintain workshop area in a clean and tidy manner and store visual merchandising materials according to enterprise procedures.
Maintain tools and equipment.
Care for workshop tools and equipment according to manufacturer instructions and workshop OHS procedures.
Report faulty tools and equipment promptly and in according to workshop OHS and maintenance procedures.
Monitor materials stock according to enterprise procedures.
Design and construct simple visual merchandising structures.
Sketch plans of simple fixed and collapsible visual merchandising structures according to client or supervisor specifications.
Select appropriate card stock to achieve planned results.
Apply appropriate card scoring and cutting techniques to achieve planned results.
Select and use appropriate fixing methods.
Apply paint finishes are according to planned finish where relevant.
Apply colour copy images to structures where relevant to the planned finish.
Ensure finished structure matches client and supervisor specifications and meets OHS requirements.
Manufacture styrene signs.
Compose presentation roughs for store signs.
Demonstrate styrene cutting techniques using pinned card stencils.
Mount styrene shapes to achieve planned constructions.
Apply suitable paint finishes to achieve planned results.
Construct display frames.
Measure frames and cut accurately to specifications.
Fill corners and sand mitre to industry standard.
Apply frame finishing mediums evenly to achieve specified finish results.